Mortgage Loan Application Checklist
The following is a list of items you would typically bring to a loan application to help the approval go as quickly as possible.
- Executed copy of sales contract on the property you are buying.
- Copies of all W-2’s for the past two years
- Two recent consecutive pay stubs
- Copies of the last 3 months statements of all bank and/or investment accounts (Source of funds for any recent large deposits must be documented.)
- Complete name, address and account numbers for all bank accounts.
- Complete name, address, account numbers, balances and monthly payments for all credit cards, installment loans, student loans and any other type of debt.
- If you are self-employed - Last two years Tax Returns with all schedules for the last two years and year-to-date Profit and Loss statement.
- Separation/divorce papers, if applicable.
- Proof of receipt of alimony/child support, if applicable. (canceled checks for the last 6 months.
- Verification of stocks and bonds needed for down payment/closing costs.
- Gift letter
- VA only – Certificate of Eligibility or DD-214, driver’s license and social security card.
- Name address and phone number of landlord for the past 2 years.
- Copies of the last 12 months canceled checks for rent or mortgage. (front and back, if possible.)
- Check or money order for application fee.