These 20 Housing Markets Are Booming — Columbus in top 20
Where is the housing market most on the upswing for buyers and sellers this spring? Realtor.com® recently analyzed 300 of the largest housing markets to come up with a list of the nation’s 20 hottest real estate markets. The rankings are based on the number of views per listing on realtor.com® (which helps to gauge buyer demand) as well as the median age of inventory (to analyze the supply).
California cities made up half of the nation’s 20 hottest real estate markets. But landing No. 1 on the list was Denver, which has seen limited inventories of homes for-sale at a time when it’s seeing substantial economic growth and increased buyer demand.
Realtor.com® ranked the following 20 housing markets as the hottest in May:
- Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, Colo.
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, Calif.
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif.
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
- Vallejo-Fairfield, Calif.
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton, Mass.-N.H.
- Santa Cruz-Watsonville, Calif.
- Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, Mich.
- San Diego-Carlsbad, Calif.
- Sacramento-Roseville-Arden-Arcade, Calif.
- Boulder, Colo.
- Fargo, N.D.-MN
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, Calif.
- Austin-Round Rock, Texas
- Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, Calif.
- Manchester-Nashua, N.H.
- Columbus, Ohio
- Stockton-Lodi, Calif.
Source: “The 20 Hottest U.S. Real Estate Markets in May 2015,” realtor.com